Open Source Roguelike, CUSP
There are two simultaneous play modes: Adventurer and Game Master.
- Adventurer - One player plays as the adventurer, and goes up against other people online. The adventurer must battle their way to the end of the dungeon in a race to the end.
- Game Master - Uses cards to affect the game. Rather than having procedurally generated levels, the Game Master places dungeon blocks using cards. The Game Masters also control placing monsters in dungeon blocks, as well as items, traps, etc.
- Switch - The game switches the two players between each mode. Once a player's character dies, they become the Dungeon Master of their team, and the Dungeon Master of the team becomes the Adventurer, and spawns at the beginning of the Dungeon. (Portals are useful ;) )
- Console Support - Will be supported on all consoles that support Websockets via the webkit that used for export.
- Content - All sprite and pixel art is original content that will be made available on my OGA and Itch.io.
3D Content - Characters
The face texture includes multi-layered textures inside a Gimp Project file. Also included is each seperate layer exported as PNG. This will allow you to easily manipulate animations for the 2D face using your game engine.
Planned additions include hair, clothes, armor, accessories, etc. based on theme. Each would either be seasonally, or monthly based on Patreon support. Want to see more? :) Become a patron! Let me know you really want it.
Byte Sized Heroes
- Free and Full version.
- Free version consists has full story/map editor, all available characters (characters and armor are bought via DLC packages), and online/local multiplayer. Some assets are not available in the Free version map editor.
- Full version buyers get unlimited, free access to all DLC and story content, as well as all map assets to be used inside the editor.
- Online/Local Multiplayer.
- Controller support.
- Platforms: PC, XBone, Nintendo Switch
Action Platformer, like MegaMan and Smash Bros. having a baby that was raised by Metroid and the few good qualities modern sci-fi shooters.
- Map/Story editor. Storyboard Scripting, Map Scripting, Tilemap editor, and other important map editing features.
- Branching path map editing interface.
- Metroidvania singleplayer story with full voice acting
- And much, much more...
Work, Work Work...
The free version will be complete when the Map/Story editor is complete. This will prepare us for embarking on a mission to develop the world and story of the game with the ease of a focused interface for development.
The other two projects are smaller. CUSP on mobile may SOUND ambitious because of the unique functionality, but is actually quite simple in a sense of functionality, and will be mostly complete by January (which is important, because it is my Airconsole copetition entry).
Obviously, until CUSP is complete I'm going to stop work on both other projects. My deadline for the Byte Sized Heroes beta (which will be the full version, with some of the story, all characters, armors, and maps, etc.) is March 1st. This is due to my attempts to push it to being ported to the Nintendo Switch around the time of the console's release. If the game can become one of the earlist 3rd party games to be ported to the console, it'd significantly help the marketting department of ALL projects.